The SQA has produced a short film,Beyond the Exam, which highlights how key parts of the qualifications system work. It is intended to give candidates and their families a clearer insight into the journey of an exam paper, from its creation through to results day.
The film also introduces the new Results Services and explains what happens when candidates are unable to sit an exam or assessment as a result of an illness or if they have not received the mark they expected.
The film was made for SQA by students at City of Glasgow College, as part of their Higher National qualification and can be viewed on the SQAYouTube channel.
The Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) has published a new guide to its qualifications in Scotland. This guide contains all the information you need to know about the SQA qualifications available to help young people progress on their individual learning journeys; whether they are preparing for training, employment, college or university.
This wide range of qualifications includes:
– National Qualifications, including Skills for Work Courses
– Wider Achievement Awards, including awards in Employability, Steps to Work and Personal Development
– Qualifications for work, including Introduction to Workplace Skills and Certificate of Work Readiness
– Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs)
– Professional Development Awards
– Higher National (HN) Qualifications
SQA’s qualifications are designed in partnership with industry experts to ensure that learners gain the skills and experience needed in the workplace. To find out more, download SQA’s Guide to Scottish Qualifications.