Bishopbriggs Academy Enhanced Learning Resource (ELR) opened in August 2011 and provides Tier 2 support for pupils across East Dunbartonshire.
All ELR pupils have full access to the academic, social and extra-curricular activities available to their peers. Learners within the ELR each have a mainstream timetable, which is reviewed when required giving details of subject classes they access across the school and time they spend within the ELR. Pupils benefit from the smaller environment of the ELR for some subjects in order to receive targeted support and access a differentiated curriculum responsive to their individual learning needs. They are supported to access subject areas across the school according to their individual strengths and interests. There is a strong focus on health and wellbeing and ELR staff work very closely with SMT, Support for Learning staff and the Pastoral Care team. ELR staff also work collaboratively with a variety of other agencies to meet individual learning needs including Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology and CAMHS.
Aims and objectives of the Enhanced Learning Resource:
- To create a supportive environment where all learners experience success and develop the confidence to access classes throughout the school.
- To provide a differentiated curriculum which is responsive to individual support needs and enables all learners to achieve their fullest potential.
- To support the inclusion of ELR pupils within subject classes across the school to ensure all pupils experience appropriate levels of challenge.
- To ensure specific support needs are addressed through provision of a Wellbeing Assessment and Action Plan which are monitored and regularly reviewed.
- To involve pupils in decisions about their own learning and levels of support required.
- To communicate regularly with parents/carers and facilitate their involvement.
- To work in partnership with teaching staff throughout the school and with other external agencies
- To develop social and emotional skills within meaningful and relevant contexts and support pupils to develop relationships within the school.
- To encourage and support pupil participation in a broad range of school experiences such as whole school/year group events and lunchtime clubs, celebrating the wider achievement of all learners.