Bishopbriggs Academy Cluster Schools
Bishopbriggs Academy is part of a cluster group of learning involving Cleddens Learning and Childcare Centre, Auchinairn Primary School, Balmuildy Primary School, Meadowburn Primary School, Wester Cleddens Primary School and Woodhill Primary School. Staff and pupils work together in a variety of ways to enhance learning and to ensure pupils at all stages are challenged to achieve of their best.
Staff working groups across the cluster have made significant progress in the areas of Literacy, Science, Health and Wellbeing and Modern Languages. Their enthusiasm and commitment have had a positive impact on the children and young peoples’ learning experiences.
A management group of Headteachers meets regularly to discuss areas identified by pupils, parents and staff which are taken forward through our cluster improvement plan. Rigorous and systematic planning procedures are in place to ensure children have a smooth transition from pre 5 to primary and from primary to secondary school. Parents and carers are informed and involved and their views and the views of their children help shape our work.
Through well-planned and effectively delivered transition arrangements all children and young people will experience continuity, progression and support in their learning and personal development.
This vision is underpinned by agreed values of mutual respect, effective and honest communication and reciprocal support between establishments.
The Bishopbriggs Academy Cluster aims to:
- Enable all children and young people to access an inclusive curriculum that provides the appropriate support and challenge to allow them to fully develop their skills and talents.
- Give children and young people opportunities to contribute to their own community and the wider world as responsible citizens.
- Support children and young people to move confidently and successfully from one establishment to another.
- Develop mutual respect and understanding of the work and contribution of each individual sector and/or establishment to learners’ experiences.
- Enable effective channels of communication to allow the transfer of clear and appropriate information.
- Allow learners to build on previous learning and experience coherence from 3 – 18.
- Develop shared expectation and moderation of success criteria.
Any parent or carer requiring any further information should contact their child’s Headteacher at the school at the address, e-mail or telephone number below.
|Mr G. Graham|| |
Auchinairn Primary School
|email@example.com||0141 955 2289|
|Mr Paul McKeever|| |
Balmuildy Primary School
|firstname.lastname@example.org||0141 955 2276|
|Mr G. Moulsdale|| |
Wester Cleddens Road
|email@example.com||0141 955 2351|
|Mrs E. Pollock|| |
Cleddens Learning and Childcare Centre
|firstname.lastname@example.org||0141 772 7621|
|Mrs M. Reid|| |
Meadowburn Primary School
|email@example.com||0141 955 2293|
|Mr P. Meehan|| |
Wester Cleddens Primary School
Wester Cleddens Road
|firstname.lastname@example.org||0141 955 2280|
Miss A Spence
Woodhill Primary School
|email@example.com||0141 955 2218|
Calendar of important dates for P7 transition – Session 2012/2013:
P7 Parents’ Open Evening 10 October 2012
CfE coffee morning for pupils and parents 24 November 2012
P7 Induction – day 1 06 June 2013
P7 Induction – day 2 07 June 2013
P7 Parents’ Information Evening 06 June 2013